Add to Calendar
April 22, 2021 @ 7:45 am – 1:00 pm
PSAT/NMSQT MAKEUPS- ONLY FOR STUDENT WHO WERE QUARANTINED OR ILL DUE TO COVID-19!
If you were unable to take the PSAT/NMSQT on January 26, 2021. There will be a makeup day on April 22, 2021. This makeup day is ONLY for those students who were quarantined or sick due to COVID-19 and ONLY for 10th graders. The makeup test is called PSAT-10. PSAT-10 is the same as the PSAT/NMSQT. It is the name for the “spring version”
You will need to be at the school by 7:45 a.m.- 1:00 p.m. If you are an online student (MSO) you will need a ride home when you finish your test. If you are a PHYSICAL student, you will go back to your class after you finish the test.
IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO TAKE THE MAKEUP PSAT- YOU MUST EMAIL ME SO THAT I CAN DELETE YOU FROM MY LIST. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE THAT THIS MAKEUP TEST REQUIRES PROCTORS AND CLASSROOMS. I WILL ALSO BE ORDERING THIS NEW BATCH OF EXAMS. IF YOU HAVE DECIDED THAT YOU WILL WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR, THEN PLEASE EMAIL ME BY 2/19/21 . IF YOU HAVE ALREADY TAKEN THE PSAT/NMSQT THIS SCHOOL YEAR (from October 2020-PRESENT) YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE THE TEST AGAIN AND YOU MUST EMAIL ME TO DELETE YOU FROM MY LIST. THANK YOU.
What students should know about the PSAT/NMSQT Testing day…
Testing date is April 22, 2021 at 7:45 a.m. Please note that Pre-registration will take place on test day.
- Students are being notified via the email@example.com.
net email. PLEASE CHECK your email! I will also send a list to their English teachers.
- Your English teacher will ONLY notify those students who are on our list of being quarantined or ill due to COVID-19.
- YOU MUST ARRIVE IN TIME. If you are late, then you will not be allowed to enter the testing room once testing has begun.
- PHY students and teachers will go to first period of the day- take attendance and will go to their testing room at 7:45 a.m.
- MSO students should arrive at 7:45 a.m. All students would have been informed of their room assignments prior to coming to the front of the school. Front security will have the list of students and their room assignments.
- MSO students will go directly to their assigned testing room once they arrive at school.
- MSO students cannot stay in the school building after test dismissal. They must have a ride home.
- Add 45 minutes extra to times shown below for the pre-administration section.
- Standard time 2 hours, 55 minutes
- Standard time extra breaks 3 hours, 10 minutes
- 50% Extended time 4 hours, 34 minutes (we will provide lunch for those students who will miss lunch due to accommodations. Students may bring own lunch as well).
What you should know for pre-administration answer sheet:
- Year of graduation.
- Student email address.
- Home address.
What to bring
- Bring testing pass that was given to student by their English teacher prior to test day- if you have it.
- All students must bring facial mask.
- May bring book bag which will be placed in a designated area in the room.
- 2-4 No.2 sharpened pencils with soft erasers; NO pens or mechanical pencils. Small-basic sharpener. We have extra pencils.
- Acceptable calculator (we will provide a 4-function calculator). You may bring an approved graphic calculator by college board, Ti-30xa calculator, or a calculator that does not have a QWERTY keyboard.
- Bring photo ID
- May bring snacks and water bottle but must be placed inside a clear bag (e.g., Ziploc bag). You will not be allowed to eat inside the testing room. Only eat during the 10-minute break.
What NOT to bring
- Mobile phones must be turned OFF and inside book bag BEFORE entering testing room. DO NOT bring smartwatches, fitness trackers, or other wearable technology. Basically, DO NOT bring any personal computing devices.
- If you bring a mobile phone and do not have a book bag, you will give your phone to the proctor. Make sure to turn it OFF, not in “silence mode.” It will be returned before dismissal from testing room.
- Please read study guide for any questions that you may have for the test. See link below
- If you are an MSO student (on-line) you must go home. You are NOT allowed to stay in the school building after you are finished with testing. Your proctor will dismiss you at the appropriate time.
- If you are a PHY student (at-school) you will be dismissed to lunch or back to class after testing is done. Your proctor will dismiss you at the appropriate time.